Systems Engineering is concerned with trying to see the world in terms of systems (‘systems thinking'). Although many Systems Engineering practitioners work in technical domains such as transport, aerospace, defence and information technology, it is possible to apply Systems Engineering techniques in non-technical systems such as social systems, healthcare and education. Given this broad interpretation of Systems Engineering, it may be possible to obtain funding for Systems Engineering research from any of the UK Research Councils:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
In practice, though, much Systems Engineering research and development is quite close to market, and may attract funding from industry or from Innovate UK.
No websites added just yet…
Systems Engineering hasn't added any of their social connections yet.