Webinar: How to make a successful EU funding application in the chemical sciences, 29 Jan
This webinar will provide an overview of three EU funding programmes that have committed nearly €80 million of funding until 2020. Each programme provides differing combinations of business support and collaborative opportunities that enable SMEs to advance their innovative technology.
- Horizon2020 – The Industrial Leadership pillar supports SMEs build key enabling technologies in areas including advanced manufacturing and processing, advanced materials and biotechnology
- SME instrument – Provides phased financial and business support to help SMEs develop products, services or processes ready for the global market.
- Eurostars – A joint programme with EUREKA, it supports international innovative projects led by R&D-performing SMEs.
Webinar, 29th January 2016, 12:00-13:00
The panel will introduce the upcoming 2016/17 calls that may be of interest to SMEs in the chemical sciences through Horizon2020 and the SME instrument. These include:
- Accelerating the uptake of nanotechnologies advanced materials or manufacturing and processing technologies.
- Cross-cutting PILOTS.
- Susanne Coles, EU projects manager, KTN
- Paschal McCloskey, CEO, MOF Technologies
- Jane Watkins, Horizon 2020 national contact point for SMEs, Innovate UK
The webinar will further consider the key lessons learnt from previous calls and the specific challenges SMEs face when making applications. The panel will explore mechanisms that can overcome these challenges required to make successful funding applications in the future.
By the end of this webinar, you will:
- Understand the differences between three different EU funding programmes available to SMEs: Horizon2020, the SME instrument, and Eurostars, and the opportunities each of these presents to your company.
- Identify the key lessons learnt from previous calls and what things you’ll need to consider when making a successful application in the future.
- Know some of the potential barriers facing SMEs seeking funding, and ways these can be overcome.
- Be aware of the deadlines to consider for 2016/17
- Learn the call topics that are relevant to the chemical sciences and of interest to SMEs.
Not available for the webinar?
If you can't attend but are interested in the webinar, register anyway and we'll send you a link to the recording.
Find out more and register