· Strong engagement with the synthetic chemistry and catalysis communities.
***If you would like us to visit your business or institution then please get in touch!***
The strategic needs of the community and the steps required to grow the sector are summarised in Chemistry Innovation’s position paper
· Strong involvement with the EPSRC Dial-A-Molecule (100% Efficient Synthesis) Network Grand Challenge. This includes co-ordination of the "Focusing Our Efforts" industry group
· Using CI strategic relationships (such as SusChem) to leverage funding from key UK/European sources for projects that can bring about major advances in sustainability
· Synthetic methodology for pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals is the key target for sustainable processes. This is approached through exploring process intensification and flow processing techniques. (See overview presentation)
· The Chemistry Innovation Sustainable Technologies Roadmap. The roadmap highlights the sustainability challenges and opportunities which exist for the chemical and chemistry using industries.