Polymers: Filling the Void
26 March 2012 - Trafford College, Altrincham
The Materials KTN and the Manchester Polymer Group organised this one day seminar to promote some of the current advances in the science, technology, engineering and design of polymeric materials.
The event also showcased how some ‘voids' in the market are being ‘filled' by innovative developments in products and technologies either in the short or long term.
The presentations from the event are available for members of the Materials KTN Polymers Sector to download. If you are not already a member of the Polymers Sector, please join the network by clicking on the 'Join this Group' link in the top image banner. If you do not already have an _connect account, please register using the link at the left hand side of the page, then return to the Materials KTN site and join the network. Membership is FREE.
- Welcome Address by Cath Brierley, Trafford College
- MBA Polymers – Alchemists in Plastics by Nigel Bower, MBA Polymers
- Developments in Injection Moulding by Ian Hyland, Engel
- New Ways of Interpreting MDR Data by Martyn Bennett, ARTIS
- Colourants for Bioplastics by Roger Storey, Colloids
- Polymer Quality Assessment (Identipol Demonstration) by John Duncan, Lacerta Technology
- Filling the Void with Foams by Karl Hewson, ZoteFoams
- Bridging the Gap with Intelligent Flexible Solutions by Martin Bradbury, Elasto
- Engineered Surface Treated Calcium Carbonate for Fibre and Non-Wovens by Michael Bird, Imerys
- How long will it last? by Jenny Cooper, SmithersRapra
For more information about this event please contact Jan Czerski.
The event was held in collaboration with: