We link across the value chains to ensure that the UK remains a key player in the Photonics market.
- Informing of developments be that technical, legislative, financial etc.
- Forums for discussions, postings of technology offers/demands, linked to funding calls
- Events for networking across value chains but also for local network building
We encourage participation from other sectors, because we believe that this is key to innovation and important to the photonics market. After all we know that photonics plays a key role in many other sectors.
Below are examples of different technologies that belong under the photonics umbrella:
• Scanning, sensing and imaging systems
• Data transmission, storage, communication and networks
• Screens and displays
• Advanced lighting;
• Laser systems
• Photonics systems for medical and biological application
Knowledge Centres Driving innovation
The three main challenge areas are shown below, although our work is by no means limited to these three areas, as can be seen from our work in the Special Interest Groups of Internet of Things, Smart DC, Smart Energy and the Connected Digital Economy Catapult group.