We link across the value chains to ensure that the UK remains a key player in the Photonics market.
- Informing of developments be that technical, legislative, financial etc.
- Forums for discussions, postings of technology offers/demands, linked to funding calls
- Events for networking across value chains but also for local network building
We encourage participation from other sectors, because we believe that this is key to innovation and important to the photonics market. After all we know that photonics plays a key role in many other sectors.
Below are examples of different technologies that belong under the photonics umbrella:
• Scanning, sensing and imaging systems
• Data transmission, storage, communication and networks
• Screens and displays
• Advanced lighting;
• Laser systems
• Photonics systems for medical and biological application
Knowledge Centres Driving innovation
The three main challenge areas are shown below, although our work is by no means limited to these three areas, as can be seen from our work in the Special Interest Groups of Internet of Things, Smart DC, Smart Energy and the Connected Digital Economy Catapult group.
For photonics student: Entreprepreneural Boot Camp, 14 -16 Sep in Vienna,
- Are you a postgraduate student studying photonics with an idea for a new business?
- Are you thinking of starting your own company?
- Are you interested in innovation and entrepreneurship?
This is for you: Due to last year’s great success the 2nd Entrepreneurial Boot Camp will be held from 14-16 September 2016 at the Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Young researchers from all over Europe are invited to attend this 3 day workshop at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria where they will develop valuable skills regarding innovation and entrepreneurship.
The boot camp is jointly organised by the Vienna University of Economics and Business and Photonics Austria in the framework of the European Project Photonics4All.
Photonics students or young start-ups are esepcially welocme.
The costs for the Boot Camp are covered by the European Project Photonics4All. Some funding for the accommodation will be available as well.
For more detail please visit: http://www.photonics-austria.at/projects/photonics4all/photonics-boot-camp-2016/