Nano4Life 7th Annual Conference
The Grove Building, Singleton Park, SA2 8PP Swansea, UK
18th June 2015
Please note that we have reached our maximum number of student places for this event, if you are an student and intersted in attending pleasse contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
09.30 - 16.30
18.00 - 20.00
OPTIONAL - Drinks reception and Tour of the Centre for NanoHealth Research Facilities
We are very pleased to invite you to ‘The Seventh Nano4Life Conference’, which this year will be part of the Welsh Festival for Innovation. This is a joint event between KTN and the Centre for NanoHealth from Swansea University and is supported by the British Society for Nanomedicine and MediWales.
The Nano4Life Conference is a forum providing the latest updates on the developments that nanotechnology and other enabling technologies are delivering within the health and care industries. It aims to identify any gaps in the supply chain, which is necessary for commercial and clinical success. Nano4Life offers excellent networking opportunities and will include presentations from industry, leading clinicians and academics working in nanotechnology and emerging technologies for health as well as organisations supporting collaborations and innovation.
Nano4Life 2015 will focus on the application of enabling technologies in:
- Medical devices and diagnostics
- Regenerative medicine
The programme will include scientific and technical challenges and collaboration opportunities from large and SMEs alike, the clincal applications of nanotechnology, UK and EU funding opportunities as well as pannel discussion on support for innovation and plans to support the UK Nanomedicine community.
Who should attend?
Academics, clinicians, entrepreneurs and companies with interest in the application of nanotechnology and other enabling technologies to solve health and care challenges.
Individuals and organisations with interest in: Medical devices, diagnostics, imaging, sensors for health, nanoparticles targeted drug delivery, nanoformulation and biomaterials/scaffolds for regenerative medicine and drug discovery.
- Prof. Steve Conlan, Founding Director of the Centre for NanoHealth. "NanoHeath: Challenges and Opportunities"
- Dr Dan Palmer, Midathech Ltd. "Right Drug, Right Place: Targeted Therapeutics using Ultrasmall Gold Nanoparticles"
- Prof Sue Metacalfe, LIF-Nano "NanoMedicine... harnessing LIF for Neuro-immune Repair"
- Prof Andrew Owen, British Society for Nanomedicine & Liverpool University. "Overview of BSNM Activities and Introduction to the European Nanotechnology characterisation Laboratory"
- Dr Thomas Harvey, CPI Ltd and High Value Manufacturing Catapult. "Overview of CPI Activities Related to Nano-Health"
- Paul Stanard, World Nano Foundation. "The World Nano Foundation"
- Dr Ann Kramer, Electrospining co. Ltd "Clinic-ready Electrospun Scaffold for Human Corneal Transplant"
- Dr Ernest Azzopardi, The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery. "Clinical Applications of Nanotechnology"
- Tony Guile, Welsh Government. " Welsh Government support for Innovation"
- Dr Kalyan Sarma, National Contact Point for Nanotechnology and Advance Materials, H2020. "EC Funding Opportunites"
- Dr Chris Allender, CMD Ltd. "CMD - Multiplexed magneto-optical diagnositcs"
- Dr Andrew Mearns, Jellagen Ltd "Jellyfish Collagen Biomaterials - Novel cell culture and med-tech products"
- Dr Siobhan Carey, Locate Therapeutics Ltd "Injectable Materials for Regenerative Medicine"
Notes: The Drinks Reception on the 17th June will take place at the Centre for NanoHealth. Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP Suggested Acommodation: Norton House – 01792 404891 Morgan’s Hotel – 01792 484848 The Marriott – 01792 642020 Village Hotel – 01792 479937 Dragon Hotel – 01792 657100 Tides Reach – 01792 404877 Hurst Dene – 01792 280920 Christmas Pie – 01792 480266
Date and time
- Start Date :
- End Date:
- Duration :
- All Day
- Type :
- Organiser :
- Venue :
- Nano4Life Conference: Swansea University The Grove Building, Singleton Park, SA2 8PP Swansea, UK
- Address :