Bottom-up (non-thematic) funding opportunities
- Innovation Vouchers - A grant of up to £5000 is available to businesses to work with a supplier for the first time and is used to pay for knowledge or technology transfer from that supplier.
- SMART awards - Funding to assess the commercial viability of innovation projects in high growth potential SMEs. There are three types of grant: Proof of concept, proof of market or development of prototype
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships - Grants to allow businesses to work in partnership with universities.
European funding and activities on Raw Materials explained
- To activate the Prezi press the Start Prezi icon in the middle of the screen.
- Navigate through the presentation by using the left and right arrows.
- Web links are accessed by clicking on the hyperlink which will open the web page as a new tab.
- If you wish to view the prezi in full screen mode, click the full screen icon in the bottom right corner of the prezi.
For further information or support regarding funding, please contact one of the team.
TSB funded projects: Design Challenges towards a Circular Economy
The Materials Security Special Interest Group has been informing and supporting a series of high-profile Technology Strategy Board (TSB) competitions with the theme of the circular/sustainable economies. We have been assisting in developing the competition briefs, running events featuring exemplar speakers, and providing direct assistance to potential applicants - helping them find partners and reviewing their applications before submission. The competitions have funded projects with a total value of several millions of pounds; an investment that should manifest significant returns over time as the economic and environmental benefits of improved material management are realised.
Results of the summer's "Design Challenges for a Circular Economy" competition have now been published. To read more about the funded projects, click here.