Bottom-up (non-thematic) funding opportunities
- Innovation Vouchers - A grant of up to £5000 is available to businesses to work with a supplier for the first time and is used to pay for knowledge or technology transfer from that supplier.
- SMART awards - Funding to assess the commercial viability of innovation projects in high growth potential SMEs. There are three types of grant: Proof of concept, proof of market or development of prototype
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships - Grants to allow businesses to work in partnership with universities.
European funding and activities on Raw Materials explained
- To activate the Prezi press the Start Prezi icon in the middle of the screen.
- Navigate through the presentation by using the left and right arrows.
- Web links are accessed by clicking on the hyperlink which will open the web page as a new tab.
- If you wish to view the prezi in full screen mode, click the full screen icon in the bottom right corner of the prezi.
For further information or support regarding funding, please contact one of the team.
« go back
Smart - 2014-15 - Round 2
Smart is a grant scheme which offers funding to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to engage in R&D projects in the strategically important areas of science, engineering and technology, from which successful new products, processes and services could emerge.
The scheme supports SMEs carrying out R&D which offers potentially significant rewards and that could stimulate UK economic growth.
Three types of grant are available:
- Proof of market
- Proof of concept
- Development of prototype.
Any UK SME undertaking research and development may apply; applications are accepted on a rolling basis for assessment by independent experts.