Bottom-up (non-thematic) funding opportunities
- Innovation Vouchers - A grant of up to £5000 is available to businesses to work with a supplier for the first time and is used to pay for knowledge or technology transfer from that supplier.
- SMART awards - Funding to assess the commercial viability of innovation projects in high growth potential SMEs. There are three types of grant: Proof of concept, proof of market or development of prototype
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships - Grants to allow businesses to work in partnership with universities.
European funding and activities on Raw Materials explained
- To activate the Prezi press the Start Prezi icon in the middle of the screen.
- Navigate through the presentation by using the left and right arrows.
- Web links are accessed by clicking on the hyperlink which will open the web page as a new tab.
- If you wish to view the prezi in full screen mode, click the full screen icon in the bottom right corner of the prezi.
For further information or support regarding funding, please contact one of the team.
Innovate UK Aerospace Competition topic: through-life aspects of aircraft composite structures
The Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) working in partnership with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and Innovate UK is to invest up to £25m in collaborative research and development that supports the delivery of the priorities set out in the joint industry and Government industrial strategy for aerospace.
One of the topics in scope for this competition is through-life aspects of aircraft composite structures including:
- concepts for inspection, monitoring, maintenance and repair in-service of composite materials
- recovery, reuse and recycling of composite parts
- improved modelling for prediction of composite fracture and delamination
- through-life residual stress modelling
To download the competition brief, including full details of other topics included in scope for this competition, click here.
- Competition opens 20 October 2014
- Competition briefing 30 October 2014
- Registration deadline 21 January 2015 noon
- Expressions of interest (EOI) deadline 28 January 2015 noon