IoT Special Interest Group
The Internet of Things (or IoT) describes the revolution already under way that is seeing a growing number of internet-enabled devices that can network and communicate with each other and with other web-enabled gadgets.
The IoT SIG seeks to act as a forum for information and ideas for businesses working in, or looking to develop products and services, in the emerging space of the Internet of Things.
It was pivotal in scoping out Innovate UK actions, including the IoT Ecosystem Demonstrators that have led to the formation of the HyperCat consortium, now leading the Phase 2 Demonstrator. It also produced key publications highlighting the challenges and opportunities facing business and research & development for IoT in the UK - including:
- IoT Challenges and Opportunities, April 2013: tiny.cc/iotchallengesfinal
- A roadmap for Interdisciplinary Research in the IoT, March 2013: tiny.cc/iotresearchoverview
The Internet of Things having moved on, these are now a little dated and we will be conducting a refresh around the end of the year.
As well as the wide range of events and opportunities promoted on this site (on the ‘articles' page), we recommend the following:
- IoT London: a regular meet-up for IoT businesses and others in and around the capital: http://www.meetup.com/iotlondon/
- IoT Midlands: a new network promoting collaboration in the Midlands: http://www.meetup.com/iotmidlands/
- An EU-wide network: http://www.theinternetofthings.eu/
- The IoT group on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Internet-Things-73311/about
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#333333]Interesting course in London for people who #needtoknowmobile and how to connect to the physical IoT world See blog.... [/color][url=http://...
Anyone going to the IOTA prelaunch meeting on 31 March in London ? [url=http://www.smartex.com/internet-of-things-association/]http://www.smartex.com/internet-of-things-association/[/url] ...
Internet of Things
No websites added just yet…
Internet of Things hasn't added any of their social connections yet.