Infrastructure Systems Competition Brokerage Event & Webcast
The Knowledge Transfer Network, in partnership with Innovate UK, will be hosting a series of events across the UK to discuss Innovate UK's forthcoming competition ‘Infrastructure Systems’.
Infrastructure forms the backbone for economic stability, growth, competitiveness and productivity in modern society and is key for social wellbeing and environmental sustainability. Yet these infrastructure systems in the UK, and globally, face increasing social and environmental pressures. As an example, to be successful in the future, cities need to deliver a thriving economy, great quality of life and reduced environmental footprint, whilst managing growing economic, social and environmental stresses.
What is the opportunity?
Innovate UK are to invest up to £15m in business led, innovative projects in Infrastructure Systems, provisionally including:
- Solutions for affordable, sustainable and secure energy systems
- Innovative solutions for Nuclear Fission
- Innovative solutions for Offshore Wind
- Solutions for connected transport through the integration of multimodal transportation systems
- Resilience of infrastructure and cities to environmental and societal pressure
- Integrated solutions to systemic challenges in urban areas
Where possible, projects should address more than one of these areas particularly through the introduction of cross-cutting technologies (e.g. digital, sensors, autonomous systems) that can address system integration.
The event will include:
- an opportunity to hear about the scope of the competition in more detail
- an opportunity to network and develop cross sector partnerships for the competition
- an opportunity to meet with Innovate UK for 1:1 discussions about the competition
Who should attend?
This event will benefit businesses, academics, researchers and local authorities involved in energy systems, resilient urban systems, connected transport systems (Autonomous Vehicles not in scope) and pulling in new technologies from digital, communications, sensors, electronics and novel materials sectors.
Not able to attend?
The London Briefing event will also be available via webcast. Click here to register for the webcast.
To register for the event click on the button below
Date and time
- Start Date :
- End Date:
- Duration :
- 09:00 17:00
- Type :
- Organiser :
- Innovate UK / KTN Ltd
- Venue :
- Congress Centre
- Address :