The activities of the Industrial Biotechnology Special Interest Group (IB SIG) are managed by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN). IBSIG is funded by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills via Innovate UK.
IB SIG is overseen by the Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum (IBLF) chaired by Steve Bagshaw (FujiFilm Diosynth) with a membership from industry, funding bodies and government.
Our role is to ensure that:
- Companies understand the innovation and commercial opportunities presented by IB and renewable chemicals and where it can help their business
- Barriers to innovation are lowered through accelerated knowledge transfer and de-risking access to new products and technologies
- Identify and support activity in key research areas to progress IB and renewables.
The Industrial Biotechnology Special Interest Group delivers support through:
- Providing access to a unique network and key expertise providing advice of available technologies, facilities and market opportunities.
- Input to national strategy and funding programs via the Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum.
- Building consortia and facilitating collaborative projects and ensuring funding mechanisms are aligned and promoted.
- Providing an influential voice for industry through bodies such as the IB Leadership Forum and SusChem.
If you would like advice from Innovate UK, please contact Merlin Goldman.
Mobile: 07850 602680