Discussions

« go back

Recovering valuable materials from waste water

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Belfast Metropolitan College are working closely with industry developing proprietary technology for removing valuable materials from waste water in the printing and packaging industry. We are seeking an academic partner to help us develop our separation technology. Our aim is to submit a proposal to the current Innovate UK call 'Recovering valuable materials from waste' and are interested to hear from potential partners.

RE: Recovering valuable materials from waste water
Answer
06/01/15 17:07 as a reply to Paul McCormack.

Answer
12/01/15 11:44 as a reply to Paul McCormack.
Paul - the Chemical Engineering department at the University of Chester are interested in means of extracting value from wastewater, or, more specifically the sludge or digested sludge arising from wastewater treatment. We are in the new Faculty of Science & Engineering located at the Thornton Science Park which is also home to a several companies in relevant areas. We are therefore always interested in collaborating with other groups in this area. Let me know if you want to follow this up.

Answer
12/01/15 11:58 as a reply to Paul McCormack.
Steve - we are looking specifically at the printing and packaging industry and removing valuable materials including ink from the waste water - not specifically sludge from waste water from sewage sources. Skills and experience in this area?

Answer
12/01/15 12:19 as a reply to Paul McCormack.
No specific experience in that area, Paul, but if I think of anyone who has I will forward on.

Answer
12/01/15 15:19 as a reply to Paul McCormack.
Steve - would your interest extend to industrial sludges, specifically those from a pulp and paper mill?

Kimberly Clark Ltd are looking for partners to help investigate inovative ideas to recover value from the sludge generated during recovered fibre preparation and paper manufacture.