Welcome to the Low Carbon Vehicles Innovation Platform networking site
This _connect group website contains all relevant information to competitions and dissemination events for all Integrated Delivery Platform competitions, e.g. IDP10, IDP11, etc, and all other LCVIP funding competition and other support activities.
- *** £40m Grant Funding available through two new competitions ***
IDP12 - £20m
CR&D and Feasibility Studies into innovative technologies aimed at tackling the emissions of 2020 and beyond.
Competition scope and details can be found on the IDP12 competition website
Developing Advanced Lightweight Vehicles - £20m
CR&D to develop the manufacturing processes to bring advanced materials into widespread use throughout road-vehicles, as well as other system-level mass-reduction projects.
Competition scope and details can be found on our Lightweight Vehicles competition website
Information Day and Competition Briefing for IDP12 and Lightweight Vehicles, 3rd Sept
A full briefing day will be held on 3rd Sept 2015 at teh Chateaux Impney, Droitwich spa, West Midlands.
Details and registration can be found on our Events website
CENEX LCV15, Sept 9th & 10th
Innovate UK will once again have a significant presence at the annual LCV event at Millbrook.
This year, we will be showcasing a recently completed major CR&D project as well as several other innovative developments supported by our grant funding competitions.
There will also be a programme of short workshops on our stand covering a variety of subjects from SME support and news on our latest funding competitions (IDP12 and Lightweight Vehicles), as well as the opportunity to have 1-to-1 meetings with a variety of InnovateUK staff.
More details will be posted here over the next few weeks.
Delegates can attend this B2B event for free. Registration and general show information can be found here.
KTN holding a EGVI Brokerage Event
The European Green Vehicle Initiative (EGVI) is a Public Private Partnership that works to define the research & development and demonstration challenges leading to the efficient use of clean fuels in road transport. Within the Horizon 2020 transport work programmes, they help to define the funding calls under the green vehicles heading.
Presentations on the EGVI and how you can get involved; the opportunities in the 2016 and 2017 Work Programme
Who should attend:
This event will benefit organisations intending to lead or partner in the forthcoming Horizon 2020 Transport Funding Programmes for 2016/17, in particular those with specific interests in the following areas:
- Alternative fuels and power trains
- Advanced Internal combustion engines and fuel injection
- Vehicle Safety testing
- Engine and vehicle test facilities
- Hybrid drive-train design and test
- Electric machines and power electronics
- Battery pack and condition monitoring design
- Modeling and simulation
- Advanced sensing technologies
- Energy recovery
- Low energy cooling and heating
- Advanced/ light weight and low thermal capacity materials for car interiors / glass
- Process design and value engineering and Robotics
- Project co-ordination / management
£10m OLEV Battery Competition "Spearheading Future EV Battery Production"
This new collaborative R&D competition, announced on 20th February by the Chief Secretary to the Treasury and mentioned in the 11th March 2015 Budget (section 1.191), is to support the development of a UK traction battery supply chain. There shall be a single winning consortium which will be funded with up to £10m of grant to develop the skills, capabilities, and processes necessary to run a pilot-production line for high-voltage traction batteries suitable for road vehicles.
This competition has now closed and the winning consortium informed. Details will be published once all pre-award admin has been completed.
Other information available for download
JSAE, Japan, May 2015
The LCV IP were at JSAE with 7 companies who have previously won funding through Innovate UK competitions.
For more detail about the event and why the UK team is there, have a look at this video:
If you want to be there next year, let us know by emailing email@example.com
CENEX/Millbrook LCV14 10th, 11th Sept 2014
InnovateUK once again had a significant presence at the show. To see the full listing of our LCV14 activities, and to download the presentations from our Forum, please go to our dedicated LCV14 event group.
- IDP11 competition - results can be downloaded from here
- Off-highway vehicle competition - results can be downloaded from here and press announcement from here.
Low Carbon Truck Trial
- Workshop dissemination and latest fleet/hub trial news can be accessed via the CENEX website here.
- www.Gasvehiclehub.org website refreshed and relaunched at LCV14 as the single "go to" place for all operators, developers, and installers of methane-fuelled CVs and refuelling infrastructure
- Presentations from the second dissemination event, held at LCV14, can be downloaded from here.
The purpose of this Group is to:
- Provide a single-point web resource area for all information about LCVIP competitions recent, current, and future.
- Provide online areas for organisations to network and consortia-build in preparation for their competition applications.
- Provide a discussion forum and interact with peers including being notified when peers have left requests for competition partners.
Group is for use by any organisation enrolled as a _connect member and interested in low carbon vehicles competitions.
We advise that you:
1. Join _connect and then join this networking group, as this enables you to access the wider networking functionality of the group and
2. Populate your _connect profile as fully as possible, paying particular attention to the competences and offerings of your organisation.
Future LCVIP competitions will be announced through this Group to members, as well as through other channels including the Transport Community of the KTN.