The Future of Healthcare Technologies
The Future of Healthcare Technologies: What is the Secret to Getting Better Faster?
The City of Nottingham is about to hold the first ever ‘Nottingham In Parliament Day’. This is a one-day takeover of the Houses of Parliament to showcase the best attributes of their city. As part of this event they will be holding a live panel debate about ‘The Future of Healthcare Technologies: What is the Secret to Getting Better Faster?’. The debate will show how researchers and clinicians in Nottingham are working at the edge of healthcare technology innovation to save lives and how Nottingham is working towards tackling some of the challenges highlighted in the Accelerated Access review around adoption into clinic.
Who should attend?
They would like to invite people who may be interested in listening to the debate and putting across their own views of the challenges they face in getting products from innovative ideas into market and into the NHS.
About the panel discussion
The Panel will be Chaired by Louise Scull, Chair of NUH and Sherwood NHS Trust. The panellists include:
- Professor Steve Morgan, University of Nottingham - leads the Centre for Healthcare Technologies
- Professor Ian Hall, University of Nottingham - clinician working in MRI and imaging. Former Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Professor Dan Clark, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust – Head of Clinical Engineering
- Mirella Marlow, NICE Programme Director – Devices and Diagnostic Systems, Centre for Health Technology Evaluation.
- Darren Clark – Medilink East Midlands
- Paul Harvey Fellow and Chief Engineer of Phillips has been invited
- Nicola Blackwood MP has also been invited
What: The Future of Healthcare Technologies: What is the Secret to Getting Better Faster?
When: 25 October 2016 15:00-16:00
Where: Portcullis House, Houses of Parliament
The event is free but to access the access the Houses of Parliament and the event individuals will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive an official invitation which they will need to take with them.
Sector Types: Healthcare
Date and time
- Start Date :
- End Date:
- Duration :
- 09:00 17:00
- Type :
- Organiser :
- City of Nottingham
- Venue :
- Portcullis House, Houses of Parliament