The UK is partner country for the Gamescom event in Cologne, billed as the world’s largest tradefair for interactive games.
To support UK companies in attending TIGA and UKTI Germany have put together a programme which delivers market background, expert insight and tailored networking opportunities (as well as discounted event attendance). See the details below:
UK Trade & Investment Germany and TIGA turn the spotlight onto British Games businesses at Gamescom with an innovative new programme
To celebrate the UK being selected as the partner country for Gamescom 2011 TIGA and UKTI have teamed up to create an exciting programme of events for UK companies attending this year’s show.
The purpose of the programme is to increase the visibility of all of British businesses, create valuable networking opportunities and a value for money package which brings businesses together to raise the profile of the UK games industry as a whole.
What do I get?
• Free access to Gamescom
• Short market study on the German gaming sector
• Participation in the Opening Ceremony (subject to availability)
• Guided tour of Gamescom
• Invitation to TIGA / UK partner country reception
• Access to Round Table event followed by networking
Speakers confirmed to date are:
Philip Reisberger (Chief Games Officer Core Games) BIGPOINT
Sina Kaufmann (Head of Communications & Public Relations) Wooga
Publisher and other names tbc soon
• Participation in a GamesAnalytics workshop on “How to build a successful online game”. The workshop explains why each individual gamer should be treated differently to maximise player satisfaction, revenue and the overall success of an online game.
• Presentation on “Double taxation of turnover tax in Gaming” by Dr. Stefan Maunz
• Presentation by Guilliaume de Fondaumiere of Heavy Rain
• Exchange of delegate lists with BIU e.V. (German Trade Association of Interactive Entertainment Software) and G.A.M.E. (German Developers Association) for arrangement of individual meetings
• Invite to G.A.M.E. reception
• 70 Euro reduction on GDC Europe participation
• Logistical assistance and general advice
• Basic assistance with PR
Price for the package:
£140 per person for those companies who are exhibitors
£275 per person for regional delegations
£299 per person for businesses or individuals who are not exhibiting
If you want to sign up for the programme, please fill in the registration form by 5 August 2011. I will then get back to you asap with the details. All of these events are subject to availability and change!
Trade Adviser Creative Industries and Education
UK Trade & Investment
Tel: +49 (0)30/20457-451