Seminar 2 -
Opting In and Opting Out
Which factors facilitate or hinder the recruitment and retention of talented women?
Held on September 13th, 2011 in London.
This session explored barriers to the recruitment and retention of talented women within the male-dominated financial services industry. The discussion featured the results of research from social and organisational psychologists as well as practical insights from senior financial services industry practitioners.
Speakers and presentations included:
- Michelle Gadsden-Williams, Managing Director and Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Credit Suisse AG
- Dr Kim Peters, Research Fellow, University of Exeter - Fitting In Or Opting out
- Professor Michelle Ryan, Professor of Social and Organisational Psychology, University of Exeter and Professor of Diversity, University of Groningen in the Netherlands
- Dr Ruth Sealy, Senior Research Fellow, Deputy Director of the International Centre for Women Leaders, Cranfield School of Management - The Price Verses The Prize
- Nicola Walther, ex-Banker turned entrepreneur, co-author of "Your Loss: How to Win Back your Female Talent"
Summary from Seminar 2
- Opting In and Opting Out: Which factors facilitate or hinder the recruitment and retention of talented women?