How to get off the Roundabout
In April European Knowledge Tree Group held its 2013 European Masterclass with the theme of "Getting off the roundabout" bringing together experts for a series of presentations, exhibitions & demonstrations.
Large numbers of pilots and demonstrators have taken place.
But what must we do to stop this pilot roundabout and get into the mainstream?
- How do we really make changes for disabled and older people?
- How do we educate the people who need support?
- How do we educate those who should provide services for them?
- How do we pay for what’s needed?
- Is it value for money anyway?
- What can technology do for: Mental Health, Hearing and Sight Deficits, Mobility, Diabetes, Heart Disease?
- How can we exploit technology from field to field?
The major conference sessions were:
- Setting the Scene
- Costings and Proactice
- Systems, Robotics, Sensors and Users
- Regulation, Standards, Ethics - Making Policies Work in Practice
- The Market in times of stringency?
- Financing the Market, Turning opportuntiy into Practice
- Costs and Care in the Community
- Community Care and User Needs
- Transfer of High Tech to Daily Living
- Masterclass summary - What did you get out of it?
All the details and presentations are in the Document Library.
General Documents for the event were:
Day 1 - Monday 8th April
14:30 Parallel Sessions: 1- 2
Session 1: Costings and Practice
Chairman: Mike Biddle, AAL/TSB
Speakers: Adelina Comas-Herrera, Markus Bolton, Carlos Garcia-Gordillo, Mike Clark, Stephen Hope
Reporter: Gill Whitney, University of Westminster
Session 2: Systems, Robotics, Sensors, and Users
Chairman: Richard Foggie, ESPKTN/EKTG
Speakers: Ian Glasscock, Rich Walker, Henk Herman Nap, Angelo Rossi Mori, Rory Wilding
Reporter: Justin Halls, Brunel University
16.00 Tea/coffee networking
17.30 Regulation, Standards, Ethics and Making Policies Work in Practice
Chairman: Peter Saraga, AAL
Speakers: Andrea Sutcliffe, Jack Stilgoe, Neil Ebenezer, Chris Wright, Heinz Wolff, Clive Noak, Geoff White
20:00 Drinks Reception/Networking
Day 2 - Tuesday 9th April
11.00 Financing the Market, Turning Opportunity into Practice
Chairman: Maggie Ellis, LSE/EKTG
Speakers: Brian Capon, Andy Stuart, Paul Lukowicz, Patrick Roe
13.15 Parallel Sessions 3-4
16.45 What did you get out of this, What did you contribute to this?
Chairman: Peter Walters, FP7
17:30 Networking and End of Conference