UKTI has identified 3 major opportunities in Germany for innovative technology companies. The corporations Audi, Bosch and TüV are all looking for innovative technology solutions from young and dynamic IT companies. These opportunties are open to everyone from start ups to larger companies. A summary of these opportunities is provided below, for further information please contact Frank Ambos at UKTI (firstname.lastname@example.org).
International service corporation focusing on consulting, testing, certification and training, 2bn revenue
TÜV SÜD is looking for partnerships, e.g. strategic investment, development collaboration, customer or supplier relationship, go-to-market partnership and licensing agreements, with companies that possess strong know how and deep insights in the industrial, infrastructure and transportation environment offering solutions and services in the following business areas:
· Monitoring hardware and software solutions
· Data processing and integration
· Diagnostic and prognostic software and data analytics
· Industrial IT Security and safety
Digital technologies to improve testing and inspection processes and methods
Deadline: 29 March
Car manufacturer, revenue 48bn
Audi Electronics Venture, a fully owned Audi subsidiary, is especially looking for enabling solutions, which allow to preprocess, filter and consolidate different sources of unstructured data into a well-defined and structured database:
· Transforming unstructured information like car bus signals into valuable event based information
· Building an abstraction layer between different content sources
· Automatic pattern detection in unstructured data
· Self-organizing as well as self-optimizing storage and handling of big data in order to reduce redundant information by taking shape and topology of data into account
Submissions are open until 22nd March 2015
engineering and electronics company, revenue 46bn €
The Robert Bosch Venture Capital GmbH is looking forward to getting in touch with world-class technology ventures in the following technology areas:
· Computer Vision / Machine Learning – Disruptive software and hardware (components, systems, novel architectures, solutions) that enable applications for autonomous systems, robotics, new generation mobile devices and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for cars and that radically reduce cost, power consumption and complexity of such systems.
· Business Models for the Internet of Energy – Business models for an interconnected energy network supporting both the development of the future electric grid by using data communication to move electricity more efficiently, reliably and affordably and the development of the future Internet by using the electric grid to facilitate and speed up the communication amongst the various energy nodes and domains.
· Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing – Business models, design methods and tool support for Additive Manufacturing and low cost and high precision metal and plastic printing including printers with high differentiation and 3D CAD Design model enrichment. In the material space especially fibre materials and printing methods with fibre enforcement, multimaterial and functional material printing as well as printing of organic and biological structures are of high interest.
Collaboration scenarios with the Bosch Group are ranging from strategic investments and development cooperation up to customer-supplier relationship building.
Interested start-ups can apply until 19th April 2015.
If you are interested in any of these opportunites please contact the UKTI Germany Trade Advisor Frank Ambos (email@example.com) who will be able to provide further information and details on submission