Our primary goal is to improve the innovative capacity for the electronics design sector in the UK.
We employ a number of tools and techniques to achieve this goal, including:
- bringing together the supply side and the market for partnering and brokerage events for both academia2business or business2business brokerage.
- seminars and events to focus on emerging technologies or market challenges and opportunities
- technology roadmapping to identify technoloy gaps or future opportunities
Our programs identify the strength and depth of the UK's university research across the electronic and electrical engineering syllabus, and we build collaborations and initiate relationships between universities and business through the KTP and iCase programmes.
Electronics is a present in every aspect of our everyday lives, and therefore covers a very wide range of products and markets. We focus on areas where the UK has specific strengths and capability. These include:
· Embedded Systems
· Power Electronics
· Autonomous Systems
· High Frequency Radio
· The Connected World
· Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS)
· The Square Kilometre Array telescope (SKA) (click here to see the sub group)
· Innovation Management
These enabling technologies cut across the challenge led themes; the focus of the ESP Community.