Since 2012, Innovate UK has invested £33m in future cities demonstrators across Glasgow, London, Bristol and Peterborough.
The projects were designed to enable businesses to test new solutions for connecting and integrating individual city systems, and to allow cities to explore new approaches to meeting their challenges.
Innovate UK is running a series of workshops, one in each demonstrator city to share the learning and insights from these projects with other towns and cities to help them address the challenge of how to mobilise investment in new smart city initiatives.
Each of these workshops will offer the opportunities to learn more about:
1. How to organise to be a smart city
2. Going beyond the minimum in CO2 reduction
3. New approaches to reducing congestion
4. Using data to help a city become more prosperous and sustainable.
5. Contribute to ideas on the future of InnovateUK’s Urban Living Programme
These one-day events are free to attend and places will be prioritised for city authority officers and members. Businesses are welcome to attend subject to availability of spaces and being invited to by a participating city.
Register now to secure your place.
An event is also planned for Glasgow in April 2016 - a registration link will be added here as soon as becomes available.