DECC Wetland Biomass to Bioenergy Demonstration Events - Scotland
On the 27th March 2015 AMW IBERS will be hosting a demonstration of their new integrated process in Scotland, a project supported by the Department of Energy and Climate Change to convert wetland biomass into bioenergy. Why not come along to one of the demonstration days to see how the process could help you.
The UK undertakes a considerable amount of land management activities on private and public land, for example to maintain parkland or to conserve wildlife habitats. This land management results in the production of biomass waste that in many cases are either burned or left to decompose.
In 2012 DECC invested £2m to develop and demonstrate an efficient bioenergy system that optimises existing wetland management activities and utilises the biomass waste. The successful projects have demonstrated;
- Optimisation of wetland management processes to increase harvested biomass in a manner sympathetic to wetland habitat conservation requirements and limitations
- Efficient production of bioenergy feed stock utilising the resultant biomass (reeds, rushes, grasses and sedges) that comply with emission standards or equivalents when used to generate energy
- A cost effective and energy/carbon efficient bioenergy conversion process capable of utilising the specified biomass waste.
Who should attend?
This free event, supported by the RSPB and Knowledge Transfer Network will benefit businesses, community groups, academics, researchers and local authorities in the following sectors; Environment, Energy and Agriculture with an interest in bioenergy and energy from waste.
The demonstration will explore opportunities relating to;
- Harvesting wetland vegetation using the latest technologies
Conversion of wetland biomass through
Screw pressing to provide
- press fluid for Anaerobic Digestion to power the process
- reed for biocharing reed via slow pyrolysis,
- Briquetting with presscake, woodchip & char.
- Screw pressing to provide
Date and time
- Start Date :
- End Date:
- Duration :
- 10:00 16:00
- Type :
- Networking / Meet up
- Organiser :
- Venue :
- Duke of Gordon Hotel
- Address :
Duke of Gordon Hotel
- Website: :
- Click Here to View Site