About the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
The Knowledge Transfer Network is sponsored by the Technology Strategy Board (TSB) to help achieve its objective of accelerating UK economic growth by stimulating and supporting business-led innovation.
We enable people to share knowledge, ideas and opportunities.
In the Biosciences Community of the KTN we cover all sectors of the biosciences (with exception of human medical and healthcare applications).
Technology Strategy Board's Biosciences Strategy
"The Biosciences underpin our understanding of life....Exploitation of the biosciences is most keenly demonstrated in biotechnology ... an industry that has given us novel medicines, sustainable energy routes and materials, increasing quality of life while reducing our environmental footprint.
The global challenges of climate, societal and demographic change are generating a need for sustainable fuel and feed stocks in balance with food production ... UK organisations have significant opportunities to meet these challenges through our strength in biosciences."
The Knowledge Transfer Network's Biosciences Vision
Our vision is that the UK is a global leader in converting bioscience knowledge into innovative agricultural, food and industrial bioscience products and processes for the benefit of businesses, the economy, the environment and society.
What do we do?
Our mission is to connect and catalyse by:
- Driving knowledge transfer between the science base and industry
- Promoting networking and stimulating innovation key to our industry sectors
- Providing a coherent voice for industry to inform government policy
How do we do this?
Our role is to accelerate the rate of bioscience technology exchange into and within the UK. To achieve this objective we will:
- Promote rapid knowledge flow
- Provide networking opportunities
- Help build relationships
- Focus resources
- Build innovation capacity
- Assist industry to deliver new technology-enabled products and processes
What help is available for members?
The KTN gives members access to resources which allow them to;
- find new routes to market, collaborative partners and new customers.
- find funding for their projects
- get access to the latest academic knowledge and skills
- understand how new and emerging technologies affect their business model.
Industry, Academics, SMEs....
Get emails on the latest biosciences news, events, funding opportunities and more. Registration is free.
Check your membership status by looking at the button in the banner above;
- logged in members will see 'cancel membership'
- non members will see 'join this group'.