The ATI will innovate the world's smartest systems and equipment technology.
- Highly efficient operation to reduce fuel burn by innovative thermal and electrical management and advanced avionics systems
- Aircraft systems that are more connected, more interactive and increasingly wireless, like the smart TVs in our homes today
- New materials to allow equipment to operate robustly in the harshest environments
Initial Project Themes:
- Harsh environment electronics to support the more-electric aircraft and ultimately all-electric-aircraft concepts foreseen for the next generation single aisle platform
- Highly efficient and reliable electrical actuation
- Advanced power generation & distribution for greener aircraft
- Advanced systems integration
- Advanced health management and intelligent systems
Advanced manufacturing techniques that will be required to deliver new systems technologies will be developed in collaboration with the High Value Manufacturing Catapult Centres, in particular the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Ansty.
Tel: 01234 758587